30.4.07

Gettin' to see the Arkansas Kin! Papa Joe & Mama Hazel




Alicia headed up to Searcy, AR to visit with Papa Joe & Mama Hazel last week and I met up with them on Friday. What a trip to the farm it was! PapaJoe and Mama Hazel hadn't seen Liam since the first week he was born and it was special spending time together with them as family.
Many families are blessed with just one set of fantastic grandparents but we have two. The love that the Lake's have for me and the encouragement they give me gives me strength and joy. They are so much fun and Liam definitely enjoys their lovin'!

Also, Uncle Johnny, Aunt Lisa and the twins (Cousin Joe & Cousin Shannon) stopped by Saturday night and we had a mini-reunion. I had a blast seeing how much Shannon and Joseph have grown - they are 4 months older than Liam, also, Papa Joe taught me how to drive the John Deere tractor! That is a dream come true for this city slicker. Next time on the farm I can put my hand to work.

We are looking forward to take the I-30 trail back up to Arkansas again soon.

No comments: